In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, Alexander's is currently maintaining all of our regular services. We are also actively working to comply with government and healthcare guidelines to ensure the safety of our employees. As of today, we are pleased to report that none of our employees have been impacted by the virus. Along with our regular protocols, we are taking many extra precautions to prevent any spread of illness. Alexander's is taking the necessary actions to maintain its commitment to providing a safe work environment while remaining a partner that our clients can continue to rely on.
Alexander's also addressed safety concerns after a 5.7 earthquake and aftershocks sent tremors throughout northern Utah on Wednesday, March 18. While the earthquakes shook our production facility in Lindon, there were no damages to the structure or any equipment and we've avoided any fulfillment delays.
We are working diligently with our supply chain to ensure that we have all materials needed to produce customers' products. Currently, all of our paper and material vendors are reporting normal services and production timelines. If we are notified of any disruptions or delays in supplies, we will notify our clients immediately. As a member of the IPN Global printers network, we are working with our partners across the globe to put contingency plans in place in the event that we should need to reach out to them for assistance in fulfilling your orders.
Steps Alexander's is taking to provide a safer workplace during COVID-19:
- Alexander's has designated specific staff members to work full-time each day of the week to constantly clean and re-clean surfaces, doors, bathrooms, computers, equipment, etc.
- Every door inside the entire 65,000 square foot production facility has been propped open to eliminate the need to touch door handles. Restrooms and doors to the exterior remain closed, but are continually cleaned throughout the day.
- Lunch breaks have been staggered to limit the number of individuals in the break room at one time.
- Employees and management have maintained open conversations to better understand concerns and make necessary changes. This includes giving time off to individuals who feel uncomfortable being at work during this time.
- Each piece of printing and finishing equipment is cleaned and wiped down before and after every shift by its operator.
- Certain workspaces have been accommodated to distance employees from their coworkers.